Re: Replacing an old dictograph system.

britpilot@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have just moved to a 51 year old house in Delaware. There is no info
> on the dictograph system so I don't know if it works, don't know the
> code to activate etc. It seems a shame to junk it although it wouldn't
> cover all my needs.
> Anyone any ideas?
> Thanks.
> A.

You said it...  "junk it".  And it's not a shame.  If you're going the
"DIY" route and you don't want to run a lot of wire for additional
devices, then I'd suggest going with a hybrid panel like the Ademco
"Vista" 32 or 128.  Find a friendly local dealer that will sell you the
equipment and will check to make sure you've terminated everything
properly before you power it up.  If you're thinking of buying the
equipment "online", I'd suggest reading this first.

http://www.yoursecuritysource.com/buyingonline.htm

Good luck!!