Re: Door Openers

There are smart cats and dumb servants.

Then there are dumber servants and dumber cats.

There are also smart servants and smart cats.

That beings said, it would seem that one of the above may apply in this
situation.

My mother(servant) has a smart cat that goes by the name Sylvester.  So one
day Sylvester decides he wants to go out so he reaches up and paws at the
lever type door knob.  So my mother gets up and lets him out on to the
enclosed carport.  After a little of this training of my mother he then
starts to do the same when he wants back in.

So my mother decides she is tired of getting up every time to let him out
she takes some rubber bands and wraps them around the lever so that
Sylvester can get a grip and open the door himself when he wants to go out
to the car port.  Then when my mother want to 'at her discretion' goes and
closes the door to either keep the heat in or cold out depending on the
weather.  But then Sylvester does the same thing when he wants back in and
she has to it again.  All seems well for a long time.

Then my mother gets tired of always closing the door for Sylvester so she
decides to come up with a plan to have the door close automatically.  So she
takes a bungee cord and attaches it to the door and to the hand rail outside
the door.  Now Sylvester can open the door to go out or come at his leisure
and the door will always close behind him.  My mother does not need to tend
to the cat since she is a smart servant of a smart cat.

So this TRUE story brings us to this question.  Of the three listed above,
which are you???

Now I am sure that someone here will find it necessary to make some dumb
snotty comment.  So for the sake of those that just can't wait read such
dribble I will inject the following.

Have a nice day.

Les