Re: Brinks Alarms: Beware of the Fuel Surcharge Tax

On Jul 17, 11:17=EF=BF=BDpm, George Orwell <nob...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I like to inform consumers when I feel they are being wronged. A run-in w=
ith Brinks leads me to believe that I am not alone in my 2 thoughts....

I don't pay fuel surcharges. Neither do I charge my customers fuel
surcharges. A few people who've added a surcharge to their bill, I've
just not paid it and ..... they don't try to collect it either. I'm
sure they will just take if from those who are stupid enough to pay it
and forget about the ones who don'tbecause it's not worth losing a
customer over. My water delivery company insisted that I pay it and I
cancelled and have another water company. He was stupid for insisting.
If he would have raised his prices I would have at least considered
staying with him. When I got the new company who had slightly higher
prices than the old company, I told him why I was leaving the old one
and he said don't worry, his price was firm and no surcharges were
planned. Smart guy.

I simply have raised my prices.

I really don't get the point of charging a "surcharge"

Like, ...... does anyone believe that the price of gas is going to go
down substantially enough so that they'll be able to recind the
"surcharge" in the future?  So then will "fuel surcharge" become a
standard line item on every invoice? Something that can be increased
or lowered as the price of gas fluctuates through the years ......?
or what?

What's the point? When the price of parts or wire goes up, is it
acceptable to add a "wire or parts surcharge" ?  How about " increased
electric bill surcharge"?  Or, "my wife wants a new fur coat,
surcharge"? " I need to cover my trip to Las Vegas, surcharge"

Just raise the price!
Jeeeeeeeze!