Re: FBII XL-21 installer code override

On Jul 22, 9:06=EF=BF=BDpm, attica <atticaqu...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just moved into a new home with a FBII XL-21 alarm system. =EF=BF=BDPre=
vious
> owner didn't leave me any information about the code and the alarm compan=
> that they used no longer in business.
>
> I have tried reseting the system and was able to reset the master user
> code. =EF=BF=BDHowever, I can't program the alarm because the default ins=
taller
> code doesn't seem to be working. =EF=BF=BDPerhaps it has been changed or =
being
> locked out using software. =EF=BF=BDIs there a way that I can override th=
e previous
> installer code or reset it?
>
> Your help is greatly appreciated.
>
> attica

Contact a local alarm company, they "may" be able to  unlock it for
you but I'd suggest that  you get a real alarm system (panel). The
company that  you call is likely going to suggest that  you change the
panel though. You might think that they're just trying to get you to
spend the money on new equipment however, the XL 2 series panels where
ok but they were really low-end equipment. Most alarm companys that I
know would probably suggest that you change out the panel anyway, even
if they could unlock it for you. To give you some idea of the
value .....If I remember right, that panel sold for about $39.00,
dealer price. Even if I weren't in the business, I'd want something
better than that protecting my property and family.

Really, get a new panel installed.