Re: napco 9600 stopped communicating via serial connection

Bob La Londe wrote:
> "Robert L Bass" <Sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> As to the question about common failure modes, Napco's panels don't
>> usually go bad at all.  I installed Napco systems for over 20 years and
>> the panels rarely needed service.
>
> I have only had two issues.  Not long after I started installing Napco I was
> sent a bunch of eproms for a highly reccomended upgrade on the P1632.  A few
> years later I had several P1632s with failed memory chips.  Napco replaced
> them all.

DSC has done much the same in the past.  I'm sure some of you will
remember the problems with the PC-3000 and the early version Skyroute.
While replacing over 130 chipsets in the former and over 20 on the
latter, DSC has generally been pretty good stuff.  It's still pretty
easy to install and program.