Re: New Vehicle Options

CH®IS wrote:
> Our lease is up sometime this year on our 06? Ford Freestar.  Checking
> Ford's site, I see they no longer have vans (maybe just not online, maybe
> not at all).
>
> So now that I'm looking at different options, I'm wondering what everyone
> here uses for their installations/service vehicles.
>
> On my wishlist (however far that'll get me with management), would be the
> same van with more ground clearance and 4WD.  Of course such a thing doesn't
> exist from Ford's lineup.  I've bottomed out this van so much I'm surprised
> it hasn't damaged anything yet.  And I've been stuck far too many times in
> the winter (even in our own driveway... twice).  Otherwise, it's been a
> great van.
>
> Any suggestions and little details would be great.
>
> - Chris

Installation vans are full size Chevs with ladder racks.  Service vans
we have are Chev Astros - no side or rear windows.  We're doing a good
deal more outdoor CCTV with the contract we got recently.  We're looking
at a "slightly used" ex-Shaw Cable van with a roof-top bucket at the
moment...  I figure it'll come in handy when I string the Christmas
lights this year...  :-)