Re: Brinks Home Security To Close Branches

Borked Pseudo Mailed wrote:
> IRVING ? Brinks Home Security has announced it's closing 16 underperforming branches in the United States.
>
> The Irving-based premium security company company also announced Tuesday it expects to open fewer than 2 new company-operated branches in the United States in fiscal 2009.

Must be tough...  The downturn in the economy and the high dollar is
affecting Canadian businesses as well...  I read about a plastics plant
in Ontario that's in deep financial "doo-doo" because GM is closing
whole factories...  About 1500 people are going to be out of work with
more lay-offs imminent when they complete on some existing contracts.
Even our industry isn't recession proof.  When people have fewer dollars
in their wallets, one of the first things they think of canceling is
alarm monitoring.  One of the last things they think of getting rid of
is the cablevision...  For some, putting gas in the tank goes ahead of
groceries.  Go figure.