Re: brothers and sisters must register and send this article to users

G. Morgan wrote:
> Frank Olson wrote:
>
> Two things Frank:
>
>> Ahh..  yes...  "OJ"...  While you might view it as a "travesty" of
>> Justice, I see it as an example of when the "system" actually works.
>
> That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen you write.

Why?  OJ is guilty of murdering two innocent people (of that I have no
doubt).  The system of justice my father fought for is what got him off.
  You have to be "guilty beyond a shadow of doubt" (and you have to have
the ability to pay the sharpest Lawyers around).  None of us were
present during the jury's deliberations, but I believe they arrived at
this verdict (regardless of how you might feel about it) after very
careful consideration of the facts at hand.  The police botched the
investigation and the Defense was able to exploit that.  OJ got his
"just desserts" anyway.

>> I've accepted Christ as my Saviour many years ago, Jim.  I
>> believe in his teachings, and I will never *under any circumstance* kill
>> another human being.
>
> Uh-huh.
>
> Hypothetical situation:
>
> Let's say you come home from working your counter-clerk job and walk in on
> some big black doped up on crack motherfucker raping your wife and killing the
> kids.  Waddya do - buy the guy an ice cream?

That will never happen.  I don't live in the kind of neighbourhood where
anyone "big and black" wanders around "doped up on crack".  Like Jim
said...  If the risk is too great, don't go there.  We're miles from the
nearest SkyTrain station (where those kinds of folks seem to
congregate), we have an excellent Neighbourhood Watch, and the best
security system around...