Re: removing zones from ADT system

"JoeRaisin" wrote:

> If I were you, I would save my pennies and pick up a
> new alarm panel (the new Vista 20PS is pretty much
> the same thing you got now - only better) and alpha
> keypad on ebay....

Joe is right about the Vista-20P and the 6160 alphanumeric keypad.  Without
those and the documentation, the procedure can be a royal pain.  However, some
eBay sellers have sold used, locked Vista systems as new.  Only after
installing and powering up the system does the victim realize the panel can't
be programmed.  A few unscrupulous alarm dealers have done this repeatedly,
selling off used boards which they swapped out when taking over competitors'
systems.  The problem isn't too common but it does happen all too often.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics