Re: brothers and sisters must register and send this article to users

Frank Olson wrote:

>G. Morgan wrote:
>> Frank Olson wrote:
>>
>> Two things Frank:
>>
>>> Ahh..  yes...  "OJ"...  While you might view it as a "travesty" of
>>> Justice, I see it as an example of when the "system" actually works.
>>
>> That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen you write.
>
>Why?  OJ is guilty of murdering two innocent people (of that I have no
>doubt).

So, if *you* have no doubt and *I* have no doubt and everyone else with a
pulse has no doubt he's a murderer then how exactly is it the system "actually
works"?

> The system of justice my father fought for is what got him off.

He was in the Revolutionary War?

>  You have to be "guilty beyond a shadow of doubt" (and you have to have
>the ability to pay the sharpest Lawyers around).  None of us were
>present during the jury's deliberations, but I believe they arrived at
>this verdict (regardless of how you might feel about it) after very
>careful consideration of the facts at hand.

Hahahahaha!!  Yeah right, a bunch of stupid black women prejudiced from the
very beginning gave it tons of thought all right.  Dr. Phil just had a show
about OJ a couple of weeks ago and they played the tape of one of the jurors
being interviewed.   She said "the prosecution promised us a mountain of
evidence, but it was really a molehill" (paraphrased).

> The police botched the
>investigation and the Defense was able to exploit that.

It was all about jury selection.  Marsha Clark was counting on sympathy (and
empathy too) of the black women jurors based on the long history of physical
spousal abuse perpetrated by OJ.  That backfired when the judge did not allow
much of the evidence to be introduced because her diaries were considered
"hearsay".  After the trial a law was passed in California that would allow
this type of evidence to be presented.  A day late and a dollar short.

> OJ got his
>"just desserts" anyway.

Really?  Paying a fine for killing two people in cold blood is "just
desserts"?

[snip]

>> Hypothetical situation:
>>
>> Let's say you come home from working your counter-clerk job and walk in on
>> some big black doped up on crack motherfucker raping your wife and killing the
>> kids.  Waddya do - buy the guy an ice cream?
>

>That will never happen.  I don't live in the kind of neighbourhood where
>anyone "big and black" wanders around "doped up on crack".  Like Jim
>said...  If the risk is too great, don't go there.  We're miles from the
>nearest SkyTrain station (where those kinds of folks seem to
>congregate), we have an excellent Neighbourhood Watch, and the best
>security system around...

That is not what you were asked.  It is a hypothetical situation.  You said
you would never kill someone under *any* circumstances.  I think you are
either lying, mis-spoke,  or seriously misguided.

I'll give you another chance.

Given the hypothetical situation presented, could you kill the man?

--

-G

Eliminate Googletards - http://www.improve-usenet.org/