Re: removing zones from ADT system

"FIRETEK" <firetek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ... Perhaps some of you are familiar with "The Art/Science of Selling Alarm
> Systems" by Norman Eisenstat.

I attended a seminar by Eisenstat once.  The man was neither an artist nor a
scientist.  He was an obscene, high-pressure salesman of the worst kind.  He
advocated lying to customers about virtually everything.  The truly disgusting
thing was seeing many of my competitors avidly taking notes.  After about 15
minutes I walked out.

> "Beware of the big bad burglars!" only with Bass it's "Beware of the big bad
> alarm companies and all those highly paid technicians that are just out to
> gouge you!"

You guys have it all wrong.  I love big, bad alarm companies and overpaid
technicians.  Customers who get tired of being gouged start to consider DIY
solutions.  By all means continue to overcharge your vict... er, clients.
Keep right on installing those inadequate, lick'n'stick alarms.  All that
sloppy workmanship and total disregard for your customers' security just
creates more business for those of us who actually care about our clients,
especially those with DIY stores like www.BassBurglarAlarms.com.

> The trick is to make sure he establishes a big enough "fear index" to make
> the customer _want_ to "do-it-yourself".

There's no need for me to even bother.  You're doing a bang-up job of driving
homeowners and businesses my way without any help from me.  All I have to do
is offer professional systems at about 1/2 to 1/4 the price alarm companies
charge and they stream into my www.BassHome.com website.

> I figure Bass has you all beat.

More precisely, you're beating yourself.

> I'd advise to retire now before you get that pink slip.  ;)

Don't bring Cracker into the conversation.  Thanks for sending your customers
around, friend.  I really appreciate it.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics