Bushisms

------=_NextPart_000_052B_01C857C1.37D575E0

An Incredible List of Bush's Incredibly Stupid Remarks
"The CIA laid out several scenarios and said life could be lousy,
life could be OK, life could be better, and they were just guessing
as to what the conditions might be like." - New York, Sept. 21, 2004

"Free societies are hopeful societies. And free societies will be
allies against these hateful few who have no conscience, who kill at
the whim of a hat." - Washington, D.C., Sept. 17, 2004

"That's why I went to the Congress last September and proposed
fundamental-supplemental funding, which is money for armor and body
parts and ammunition and fuel." - Erie, Pa., Sept. 4, 2004

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many
OB/GYN's aren't able to practice their love with women all across the
country." - Sept. 6, 2004, Poplar Bluff, Mo.

"They've seen me make decisions, they've seen me under trying times,
they've seen me weep, they've seen me laugh, they've seen me hug. And
they know who I am, and I believe they're comfortable with the fact
that they know I'm not going to shift principles or shift positions
based upon polls and focus groups." - Interview with USA Today, Aug.
27, 2004

"I didn't join the International Criminal Court because I don't want
to put our troops in the hands of prosecutors from other nations.
Look, if somebody has done some wrong in our military, we'll take
care of it. We got plenty of capability of dealing with justice." -
Niceville, Fla., Aug. 10, 2004

"So community colleges are accessible, they're available, they're
affordable, and their curriculums don't get stuck. In other words, if
there's a need for a certain kind of worker, I presume your
curriculums evolved over time." - Niceville, Fla., Aug. 10, 2004

"Tribal sovereignty means that, it's sovereign. You're a-you've been
given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And,
therefore, the relationship between the federal government and tribes
is one between sovereign entities." - Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2004

"Secondly, the tactics of our-as you know, we don't have
relationships with Iran. I mean, that's-ever since the late '70s, we
have no contacts with them, and we've totally sanctioned them. In
other words, there's no sanctions-you can't-we're out of
sanctions." - Annandale, Va., Aug. 9, 2004

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They
never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our
people, and neither do we." - Washington, D.C., August 5, 2004 Hear
It

"I mean, if you've ever been a governor of a state, you understand
the vast potential of broadband technology, you understand how hard
it is to make sure that physics, for example, is taught in every
classroom in the state. It's difficult to do. It's, like,
cost-prohibitive." - Washington, D.C., June 24, 2004

"And I am an optimistic person. I guess if you want to try to find
something to be pessimistic about, you can find it, no matter how
hard you look, you know?" - Washington, D.C., June 15, 2004

"[A] free Iraq is essential to our respective securities." -
Washington, D.C., June 1, 2004

"I want to thank my friend, Sen. Bill Frist, for joining us today. .
He married a Texas girl, I want you to know. (Laughter.) Karyn is
with us. A West Texas girl, just like me." - Nashville, Tenn., May
27, 2004

"I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his
hand cut off by Saddam Hussein." - Washington, D.C., May 25, 2004

"This has been tough weeks in that country." - Washington, D.C.,
April 13, 2004

"[B]y the way, we rank 10th amongst the industrialized world in
broadband technology and its availability. That's not good enough for
America. Tenth is 10 spots too low as far as I'm concerned." -
Minneapolis, Minn., April 26, 2004

"My job is to, like, think beyond the immediate." - Washington, D.C.,
April 21, 2004

"This is historic times." - New York, N.Y., April 20, 2004

"Obviously, I pray every day there's less casualty." - Fort Hood,
Texas, April 11, 2004

"Recession means that people's incomes, at the employer level, are
going down, basically, relative to costs, people are getting laid
off." - Washington, D.C., Feb. 19, 2004

"God loves you, and I love you. And you can count on both of us as a
powerful message that people who wonder about their future can
hear." - Los Angeles, Calif., March 3, 2004

"The march to war affected the people's confidence. It's hard to make
investment. See, if you're a small business owner or a large business
owner and you're thinking about investing, you've got to be
optimistic when you invest. Except when you're marching to war, it's
not a very optimistic thought, is it? In other words, it's the
opposite of optimistic when you're thinking you're going to war." -
Springfield, Mo., Feb. 9, 2004

"See, one of the interesting things in the Oval Office - I love to
bring people into the Oval Office - right around the corner from
here - and say, this is where I office, but I want you to know the
office is always bigger than the person." - Washington, D.C., Jan.
29, 2004

"More Muslims have died at the hands of killers than - I say more
Muslims - a lot of Muslims have died - I don't know the exact count -
at Istanbul. Look at these different places around the world where
there's been tremendous death and destruction because killers
kill." - Washington, D.C., Jan. 29, 2004

"In an economic recession, I'd rather that in order to get out of
this recession, that the people be spending their money, not the
government trying to figure out how to spend the people's money." -
Tampa, Fla., Feb. 16, 2004

"King Abdullah of Jordan, the King of Morocco, I mean, there's a
series of places - Qatar, Oman - I mean, places that are developing -
Bahrain - they're all developing the habits of free societies." -
Washington, D.C., Jan. 29, 2004

"But the true strength of America is found in the hearts and souls of
people like Travis, people who are willing to love their neighbor,
just like they would like to love themselves." - Springfield, Mo.,
Feb. 9, 2004

"My views are one that speaks to freedom." - Washington, D.C., Jan.
29, 2004

"In my judgment, when the United States says there will be serious
consequences, and if there isn't serious consequences, it creates
adverse consequences."

"There is no such thing necessarily in a dictatorial regime of
iron-clad absolutely solid evidence. The evidence I had was the best
possible evidence that he had a weapon."

"The recession started upon my arrival. t could have been - some say
February, some say March, some speculate maybe earlier it started -
but nevertheless, it happened as we showed up here. The attacks on
our country affected our economy. Corporate scandals affected the
confidence of people and therefore affected the economy. My decision
on Iraq, this kind of march to war, affected the economy." - Meet the
Press, Feb. 8, 2004

"I was a prisoner too, but for bad reasons." - To Argentine President
Nestor Kirchner, on being told that all but one of the Argentine
delegates to a summit meeting were imprisoned during the military
dictatorship, Monterrey, Mexico, Jan. 13, 2004

"[T]he illiteracy level of our children are appalling." - Washington,
D.C., Jan. 23, 2004

"Just remember it's the birds that's supposed to suffer, not the
hunter." - Advising quail hunter and New Mexico Sen. Pete Domenici,
Roswell, N.M., Jan. 22, 2004

"One of the most meaningful things that's happened to me since I've
been the governor - the president - governor - president. Oops.
Ex-governor. I went to Bethesda Naval Hospital to give a fellow a
Purple Heart, and at the same moment I watched him - get a Purple
Heart for action in Iraq - and at that same - right after I gave him
the Purple Heart, he was sworn in as a citizen of the United States -
a Mexican citizen, now a United States citizen." - Washington, D.C.,
Jan. 9, 2004

"I want to thank the astronauts who are with us, the courageous
spacial entrepreneurs who set such a wonderful example for the young
of our country." - Washington, D.C., Jan. 14, 2004

"And if you're interested in the quality of education and you're
paying attention to what you hear at Laclede, why don't you
volunteer? Why don't you mentor a child how to read?" - St. Louis,
Mo., Jan. 5, 2004

"So thank you for reminding me about the importance of being a good
mom and a great volunteer as well." - St. Louis, Jan. 5, 2004

"I want to remind you all that in order to fight and win the war, it
requires an expenditure of money that is commiserate with keeping a
promise to our troops to make sure that they're well-paid,
well-trained, well-equipped."

"See, without the tax relief package, there would have been a
deficit, but there wouldn't have been the commiserate - not
'commiserate' - the kick to our economy that occurred as a result of
the tax relief."

"[T]he best way to find these terrorists who hide in holes is to get
people coming forth to describe the location of the hole, is to give
clues and data."

"Justice was being delivered to a man who defied that gift from the
Almighty to the people of Iraq." - Washington, D.C., Dec. 15, 2003

"[A]s you know, these are open forums, you're able to come and listen
to what I have to say." - Washington, D.C., Oct. 28, 2003

"The ambassador and the general were briefing me on the - the vast
majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And we
will find these people and we will bring them to justice." -
Washington, D.C., Oct. 27, 2003

"[W]hether they be Christian, Jew, or Muslim, or Hindu, people have
heard the universal call to love a neighbor just like they'd like to
be called themselves." - Washington, Oct. 8, 2003

"See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack
each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass
destruction." - Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 3, 2003

"[W]e've had leaks out of the administrative branch, had leaks out of
the legislative branch, and out of the executive branch and the
legislative branch, and I've spoken out consistently against them,
and I want to know who the leakers are." - Chicago, Sept. 30, 2003

"Washington is a town where there's all kinds of allegations. You've
heard much of the allegations. And if people have got solid
information, please come forward with it. And that would be people
inside the information who are the so-called anonymous sources, or
people outside the information - outside the administration." -
Chicago, Sept. 30, 2003

"[T]hat's just the nature of democracy. Sometimes pure politics
enters into the rhetoric." - Crawford, Texas, Aug. 8, 2003

"I glance at the headlines just to kind of get a flavor for what's
moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who are
probably read the news themselves." - Washington, D.C., Sept. 21,
2003

"I'm so pleased to be able to say hello to Bill Scranton. He's one of
the great Pennsylvania political families." - Drexel Hill, Penn.,
Sept. 15, 2003

"We had a good Cabinet meeting, talked about a lot of issues.
Secretary of State and Defense brought us up to date about our
desires to spread freedom and peace around the world." - Washington,
D.C., Aug. 1, 2003

"Security is the essential roadblock to achieving the road map to
peace." - Washington, D.C., July 25, 2003

"Our country puts $1 billion a year up to help feed the hungry. And
we're by far the most generous nation in the world when it comes to
that, and I'm proud to report that. This isn't a contest of who's the
most generous. I'm just telling you as an aside. We're generous. We
shouldn't be bragging about it. But we are. We're very generous." -
Washington, D.C., July 16, 2003

"It's very interesting when you think about it, the slaves who left
here to go to America, because of their steadfast and their religion
and their belief in freedom, helped change America." - Dakar,
Senegal, July 8, 2003
posted by Barry Fockler at 11:43 AM

The truly funny thing is that there are a few alarm installers here
who think Bush is intelligent.  I guess from their point of view even
Bush must seem pretty bright.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass