Almost set up. ABN reliability and other questions

Hello. I have my lynx system mostly installed. Until I get a permit I
signed up for the non dispatch service through nextalarm. I decided to
give their abn adaptor a try.

Armoring a phone cable and putting the dermac in the house sounds like
a hassle. I would need someone else to help for it to be done
properly. Since I have no phone line or dermac installed yet do you
think verizon would put it on the inside of the house if I requested
it?

I've had a few issues so far. I tried using the remote calling through
next alarms Outside Access Point. I had my lynx set to pickup on 1
ring and I would just get busy signals. I thought maybe something was
going on with the service or some how my dialer on the lynx was stuck
on. After much frustration I set it to pick up on 4 rings. Finally my
lynx answers and I get the "System" prompt.

The manual says the system prompt will last about 8 seconds but mine
cuts off after about 1 second and just goes to modem noise before I
can check the status. I can hear the lynx pick up on the proper ring
but I still hear at least 1 more ring on my end. Maybe its some sort
of sync issue between this crappy abn adapter and the lynx. I've
searched all over their site looking for some kind of firmware update.
I emailed tech support so hopefully they can help.

My system report codes also were not working at first. When programing
the sensors I just put in 10 or something like that as suggested here
and some sort of hex number automatically shows up? Those seemed to be
working fine but the arm disarm reports did not work when I entered
10. After searching the site I finally found something useful that
says I have to enter 1 in all the fields for the contact id reporting
to work.

After staying up all night messing with this thing and taking breaks
watching movies the arm/disarm codes are finally showing up after
entering 1 in all the fields. My girlfriend screamed at me for setting
off the sirens at 5am when she was trying to sleep.

If I have it report all the arm/disarm codes will that wear out the
dialer? I can hear the relay clicking on and off.

I still need to test it out for a few weeks. It seemed just after they
activated my account no reports at all were going through or they were
delayed like 5 minutes. Not sure if it was the service or if I fixed
something on my end.

How good or bad are these abn adapters? With internet monitoring you
can set it to ping your abn and do no connection reports to your cell
phone. With a phone line someone can cut it and I would never know
without cell phone backup.

thanks again for putting up with me in the learning process. To bad
there isn't more faqs and books around.