Re: False alarm due to temperature????

borne@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>> Check the wire resistance as others have suggested.
>>

>What resistance should I be seeing?  If I am on the edge of the panel
>reading the loop as open vs closed, will the temp drop affect
>resistance enough to cause a false alarm?

It could, yes.  It could also be contacts going bad (especially the
older non-sealed type), oxidation on the contacts, or the panel itself
(you said it was hit by lightning).

Remove the loop from panel and measure with the windows closed (closed
loop) assuming there is no EOL resistor you should read less than 30
ohms.