Re: DIY - Sometimes....

"tourman" wrote:

> RHC: Well honestly Bob, I don't think I am any different than the
> vast majority of small and medium companies out there (and on this
> newsgroup). They all (I believe) try to do the best for their
> customers. In our industry there seem to be four categories of
companies...1- the outright thieves (thankfully in the minority)...2-
the vast majority of honest companies just trying to make a living
but at vastly different price levels...3- the big, largely uncaring
companies usually only concerned about the bottom line,....and 4- the
outright scammers and deceptively opportunistic marketeers.

I agree with you, Bob, though there are proably a higher percentage
of thieves and scammers in the newsgroup than in the alarm community
as a whole.

> Frankly, I'm glad at this point that the RMR  IS there. My son came
> down with infectious mononucleosis just before Christmas, and
> although he is now well, victims of this virus remain totally
> useless with no energy for months to follow...

Sorry to hear that, Bob.  I know what you mean, too.  My other
brother (not Michael) came down with mono when we were teens and he's
been useless ever since.  :^)

> So I have had to cancel all new installations until after I return
> from Florida in April...

Hmm.  Are you posting from down here now?  I was thinking of
suggesting we get together this year.  You up for a ride?  I might be
able to take a run up your way (Florida, not Canada) if you haven't
the time to hit Sarasota.

> ... Nor do I trust many of them to work to my standards frankly..

That's the biggest problem.  I lucked out when I hired one particular
guy way back when.  He stayed with us for 18 years and his work was
impeccable.  He an his brother bought us out when I sold the
business.

> So bottom line, without that huge cheque each month from 1000 plus
> monitored customers, I wouldn't be able to carry the business
> forward !
>
> They say bad things happen in three's...that leaves one to
> go....:((

Jiminex just announced he's moving to Canada?  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics