Re: DIY - Sometimes....

"tourman" wrote:

> RHC: In our locale, exterior horns are strictly forbidden. A
> homeowner with one can be charged if such a thing ever started to
> blare...

Wow, Bob!  That sounds like a central monitoring station wrote the
law.  :^)

> ... So, yeah, local systems do serve a limited purpose I suppose,
> but it seems to me, installing only a local system is a bit like
> buying a luxury car and then equipping it with cheap tires and a
> tiny engine.

In your situation, I completely agree.

> But...hey...could be I've also become swayed by the "siren song of
> RMR"....:))

The thought never crossed my mind.  Based on what I know of you, I
figure you do pretty much what you believe is best for the customer.
I try to do the same thing, but from a different perspective and with
a very different set of circumstances.  Bear in mind I'm not opposed
to monitoring.  I just don't believe it's essential in certain
situations.  If a customer asks for it I refer them to 911Alarm or
NextAlarm since both seem to do a good job at a much more reasonable
cost than these other characters charge.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics