Re: More alarm questions.

I decided to try out one of the glass breaks last night.  I left it on
max sensitivity while watching movies with the stereo turned up to a
fair volume. Working ok for me so far.

I gave it the test by banging on the patio door and shaking my keys
and was able to set it off once with that method. What did easily set
it off for me was when I moved it and sat it on the table. I realize
they are normally not moved but if a vibration like that can set it
off I'm worried about thunderstorms.

My lynx does not have a night stay option. As I learn more about
alarms I will take your advice and upgrade to the vista 20. Is
programming fairly similar? Its a great relief to know that all these
expensive wireless sensors will be compatible.
Family would be very happy to receive my lynx when I do upgrade so its
not exactly a waste of money either.

I was still wondering what are the report codes for when adding
transmitters?

My system should be ready for monitoring in about 2 weeks once my
phone line is installed and I'm happy with the glass breaks. Are there
any ways to conceal the phone box? I thought about planting a few
bushes in front of it. We have underground lines in our area. Another
future project will be to install some kind of buzzer if the phone
line is cut.

If the alarm is tripped and the police come out how do they respond?
I'm assuming they do some sort of walk around and check for forced
entry. If everything appears safe and sound will they still break into
your house to verify? I will be using alarm relay. I was also hoping
that after calling the police the alarm company would contact me.

thanks again for taking the time to respond. I'm actually having a lot
of fun while trying to make my home safer.