Re: DIY - Sometimes....

"Bob La Londe" wrote:

> I have had a couple folks over the years ask me to monitor their
> self  installed alarm systems.  I am always amazed that they don't
> understand why  I can't just magically make their ancient Radio
> Shack switch and buzzer box  start talking to the central
> station...

The funny thing is, although we deal almost exclusively with DIYers,
I rarely get calls from people with RadShak systems.  I get a fair
number of calls from folks who have bought homes with existing
systems in them.  Usually they've tried to get their systems serviced
by a local alarm company but aren't interested in monitoring.  Since
most alarm companies won't service a non-monitored system, they
choose to DIY.  Those tend to be the most difficult clients for us
since they're not really DIYers.  Most of the time someone who is a
little handy with tools and willing to spend a weekend or two can
easily learn to install his own system.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass