False alarm due to temperature????

Hi,

Back in September lightning struck my self installed, wired alarm
system.  It is an old radio shack unit.  I replaced all contacts and
everything has been working fine until last night.  I had a false
alarm about 4 in the morning.  The zone that went off consists of 3
windows.  All were closed.  I reset the alarm and it showed that the
sensors were normal - closed.

So for sme reason the system tripped for a second, but I don't know
why.  The temp got down to 36 F which is the coldest we've had in a
long time.  I'd like to think maybe it had something to do with
setting off the alarm, but that does not make sense since it still
would have shown an open sensor until the temp rose.  Any ideas on
what I can do to diagnose the problem or duplicate it?

Thanks