Re: Bass was right about AMPS

Just Looking wrote:

>I seem to remember a post where Bass said that the AMPS network MAY shutdown
>on or after Feb 18, 2008 and others said it WOULD shut down on that date.
>Well a couple of stubborn customers have not set appointments for a service
>swap (despite frequent hounding) and have proved Bass correct about
>something. Apparently there are a wide range of dates from different
>carriers as to when their AMPS network service will shut down. So far the
>check in times show these few AMPS Uplink units (FT-100/LG-1 and DigiCell
>1500) are still up and reporting on the 19th of February.

I don't remember anyone saying all carriers would shutdown on the 18th, perhaps
you can find that post.  My Honeywell rep emailed this out a while back:

Anticipated AMPS Network shutdown dates

* AMPS Shutdown Dates

Alltel  March 31, 2008
For AR, FL, GA, LA, MI, MS, NC, OH, SC and VA.

Alltel  By June, 2008
For AL, AZ, CO, IA, KS, MN, NE, OK, SD, TX and WI.

Alltel  By September, 2008
For CA, CT, ID, IL, KY, MO, MT, NV, NM, ND, TN, UT, WV and WY

AT&T (formerly Cingular)  March 5, 2008
CC Communications  April 1, 2008
Cellcom  February 18, 2008
Cellular 29 Plus  February 18, 2008
Commnet Wireless  May 1, 2008
Dobson Cellular Systems  February 18, 2008
Five Star Wireless  June 1, 2008
Golden State Cellular  February 18, 2008
I V Cellular  June 30, 2008
Mid-Tex Cellular  February 18, 2008
PetroCom  March 1, 2008
Pine Belt Wireless  February 18, 2008
U.S. Cellular  October 1, 2008
Unicel/Rural  February 18, 2008
Union Cellular  June 1, 2008
Verizon Wireless  February 18, 2008
West Central Wireless  February 18, 2008

* Note:  AMPS Network Shutdown Dates as provided to us by the respective
carrier are subject to change.
--

-G