Welding Continuously

Ok...  what is the smallest rig that will weld continuously for atleast a
couple feet without getting hot and shotting down or getting hot not welding
well?

I've got a little flux core wire feed from Harbor Freight, and on a ncie day
like today, I can weld about 3-6 inches on 1/8 to 1/34 cold rolled before it
starts to spatter.  At that point no adjustment works, and if I do push it a
little further the thermal overlaod kicks it off anyway.

I don't really have a problem with that, except that it takes forever to
cool down enough to weld good again.

I need something better.  Yeah, I know you get what you pay for.  I just
don't know if I can swing 2 or 3 grand for a really nice rig.  I do have a
regulator and mix bottle already, and I've tried it with this little 110
welder.  It makes a slightly cleaner weld than the flux core, but t doesn't
weld any further before shutting down, and I use this little toy in a lot of
places where lugging the bottle around just isn't practical.  As a result I
just leave a big spool of flux core in the unit and use it.

Anyway, when (not if) I get a bigger rig with a longer duty cycle it will
not totally replace the little carry box.  I will still need it
occassionally in the field.

Heck, I'm rambling and letting my welder cool down so I can finish my
project.  So what's the smallest unit you would get if you wanted a really
high duty cycle?  Seems I weld a lot of 1/8 upto 1/4" cold rolled.  Rarley,
but occassionally 3/8.

I've got outlets wired for 30amp and 50amp equipment in my shop, and by the
overhead doors so I can work outside.