Re: Usenet service help

Dan (Lead Systems Engineer for Qwest):

"I'm not sure what packages they're bundling Usenet with.  So long as the
DSL user has a Qwest.net email account, we can add Usenet access.

If your buddy has Qwest DSL and a qwest.net email account but no Usenet,
they can email news@xxxxxxxxx and I should be able to take care of it."

--
**Crash Gordon**

"Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > I have it on my Qwest vdsl. What happens when you try to set it up?
|
| Nothing happens.  I don't have any setup info for it.  I called them
| yesterday (actually text chatted them) and they said I can't have it.
|

| --
| Bob La Londe
| The guy who decides who we do business with.
|
| The Security Consultant
| PO Box 5720
| Yuma, Az 85366
|
| (928) 782-9765 ofc
| (928) 782-7873 fax
|
| Contractors License Numbers
| ROC103044 & ROC103047
|

| > --
| > **Crash Gordon**
| >

| > "Bob La Londe" <alarm_wizard@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > | Well, my last two ISPs have not included Usenet service.  Beamsnail
| > | said they would set me up with a Supernews account as part of my
| > | service, but never did over the course of two years.  An on-line
| > | search shows Qwest offering Usenet in many areas, but when I contacted
| > | them to see about setting it up on my high speed DSL account they said
| > | I can't get it on my account.
| > |
| > | I just read a few (maybe a dozen) text groups like this one regularly,
| > | and post a bit.
| > |
| > | Tera News seems like a good deal with unlimited posting and 50 meg of
| > | downloads per day for a $3.95 setup fee that lasts for 10,000 days
| > | (27+ years), but as you can see (if you look at the headers) I am
| > | posting from Google groups.  That's because in the last 6 months 95%
| > | of my posts (that have actually appeared) have taken as much as a week
| > | to show up, and most don't ever show up.
| > |