Re: Fushion DVR

I've put in a few of their boxes, but only on customer request, we never
demo or suggest them. I always think of the group Chicago's 'Just You N Me
Lyrics' to help to remember the password. (The best trick feature Integral
boxes have is that little blue square button.) All the ones we sold had
Maxtor drives inside them (nasty). And, yes, they all went bad (the drives
that is). Integral is a little slow in the repair department (about like
GE), but not nearly as slow as Dedicated Micros. With Integral at least they
will ship you parts overnight (if you ask) and you can restore (or upgrade
software) from a CD, unlike many DM boxes (where you can't restore
anything). It takes them about a month just to get the repair unit on the
bench in front of a tech at DM. (and the customers call YOU to bitch every
single day, and wanting a loaner DVR- but not wanting to pay for it)

"J. @netscape.net>" <jsloud2001<removeme> wrote in message
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 18:11:24 -0600, "Just Looking" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> >So I am trying to price out a Fusion DVR for a customer with an existing
> >Honeywell access control connection. I am going through the pricing and
find
> >SKU for the Pentium D dual core and 512 MB upgrade. What a bargain!
$1500.00
> >to have it installed at the factory and $2k to install it aftermarket on
> >your own. This is the retail pricing of course. I get so sick of DVR
> >manufacturers pricing stuff like this (and hard drives especially) with
> >beyond ridiculous markups. These manufacturers have to know this stupid
> >pricing limits their market. I had one Honeywell engineer remark that
sales
> >of the Fusion and Rapid Eye DVRs were "brisk" at more than a hundred
units a
> >month. The over the counter boys have a different take. At ADI they say
> >they've never even seen one, let alone sold one. Well  I thought I'd try
> >Anixter or Northern Video to check their pricing. Not so fast, Honeywell
> >Video sells direct or through ADI only. I always considered an AD
Intellex
> >Ultra about the highest priced box DVR around. Seems like a pumped up
Fusion