Re: AlarmNet reliability how can it go down with no notice?

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 17:37:13 -0800 (PST), Roger W <allucan8@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>On Feb 2, 4:42 pm, Jerry <je...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I use AlarmNet as my primary method of protection.
>
>Cellular and Radio were not intended for primary alarm transmissions.
>If you are serious about your security, get an old fashioned POTS
>landline and back it up with Alarmnet. Its still the most reliable
>combination. I would not use voip if I didn't have to.

POTS is no where near the most reliable method of communication
regardless of the backup used.  It is impossible to provide line
security with POTS as required by DCID 6/9, UL2050, the NISPOM, etc.
The most reliable means of alarm transmission are encrypted direct
connections, two-way long range radio, and NIST approved IP
communicators such as DMP's ICOM-E and Alarmnet's 7845i.