Re: Blackberry Storm sync w/Outlook calendar

Bob La Londe wrote:
> "Frank Olson" <use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
> message news:huf4l.1713$wV2.252@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> alarman wrote:
>>> Anyone have personal experience? Will the new Blackberry sync the
>>> calendar with plain old Outlook 2007, without MS Exchange server?
>>> I'd like to get one, but if the calendar sync is a pain, then I
>>> probably won't. Can't seem to find simple how-to instructions
>>> anywhere.
>>

>> Yes, it will.  And without MS Exchange server.  You have to set up
>> your email and it'll sync with your Outlook 2003 (or better)
>> contacts list. Personally, I much prefer the iPhone over the
>> Blackberry.  It's got a much nicer screen and some well though-out
>> features (user interfaces). Beats having to put on my reading
>> glasses to see what I'm typing.  In my book, it's got the Blackberry
>> beat hands down.
>
> There is a decent cellular newsgroup.  Or maybe it's a Verizon group.
> Been a few months since I read it.  Well since I learned to hack the
> Motorola K1M anyway.  Lots of good stuff on that group.
>
> Dang, just checked.  There's lots of cellular groups.  The Verizon
> one is the one I used to read.

Thanks, I'll check there. I know the BB will sync contacts, it's the
calendar that I really need. I like the I-Phone too, but I'd have to switch
to AT&T service, and they do not have the cell coverage that Verizon has.

--
js

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
John Wooden