Re: Canadian Licensing Question

Bob Worthy wrote:
> Is there any licensing, at all, required for the Mississauga, Ontario area?
> I believe the alarm licensing in Canada refers to Alarm Agents. I read a
> contract that said "N/A" where the license number was to be inserted on the
> contract. Good to go or are they missing something?
>
> Thanks in advance

There's no licensing requirements in Ontario at the moment
(not-with-standing the business license required by most
municipalities).  They've been talking about it for a while.  Some
jurisdictions (in Canada) require the tech have several CFAA
(http://www.cfaa.ca) courses (and be a paid up member) before he can
touch a fire alarm system though, but so far only Ontario, Manitoba and
Alberta have adopted this (to my knowledge).