Re: OT: Cancer

Robert L Bass wrote:
> "Frank Olson" wrote:
>>
>> I over-reacted when I first learned he was the one
>> behind those horrific posts involving my Mom...
>
> Huh?!?
>
> Look, Frank.  I know I've been rude and unkind to you many times and
> I've not shown you much respect and for those things I do apologize.  I
> won't drag up any reasons I may have had as that would only smear salt
> on wounds which I'd like to heal (and which you seem willing to heal as
> well).  But your Mom?  I dodn't recall saying anything about your mom.
> If I did I sincerely apologize.
>
>> My heart goes out to Robert and his family.  I
>> wish him well and I pray that he beats this horrible
>> disease.
>
> Thank you,
> Robert

It doesn't matter any more.  Like you, I'm not one for "rubbing salt".
For what it's worth, you know I filed a formal complaint on the My
Florida website.  Downloading security systems should be done by a local
alarm dealer who can actually verify the system and the programming.  I
know for a fact that you don't agree with this, but I'm convinced that
this is the right way and continue to hold that "downloading"
constitutes "service" (which requires licensing in your state).  I make
no apologies for that.

I also contacted DSC when I learned you were illegally providing their
software as a free download from your website(s).  You still retain the
applicable pages and links (although the links now point to an error
page).  I did nothing more than any other responsible dealer would do
when confronted with such a blatant violation.  I've taken a number of
other online stores to task for the same thing.

The ONLY contact I ever had with ADI in Clearwater was to ask a very
general question which concerned setting up an account there (all I
really wanted to know was if you needed a state license to purchase
product from them).  Neither your name or mine were EVER mentioned.  I
suppose they could have had "call display", but that would only have
shown up as "British Columbia, Canada".  I've never called to harass
either you, your family or your suppliers.

Let this be an end to it between us.  My conscience is clear and I hope
and pray you can move on to concentrate on winning your battle with
cancer.  I was reviewing the posts made by various individuals in the
past few months and was reflecting on how quickly things can change.  It
was only a month ago that you told Bob Worthy that you had "beaten" this
terrible disease.  I hope that will be able to say this again in the
coming weeks and that you'll enjoy many more trips to South America and
Europe (like you've planned).  Most of all, I pray you find His peace
and mercy should he decide it's time for you to join Him.  You've said
and done so many terrible things.  I forgive you all those
transgressions against me and I'm praying for that miracle, Bob.  God
keep you and yours.

Regards,
Frank Olson