Glass Laminate and Glass Breaks

 Hey All,

Just curious.  How effective is have a Glass Break Detector with Patio Doors
that have Security Laminate installed???

How will the Glass Break hear the right sounds or are we talking a whole new
technology here.

The reason for asking is because I just caught the tail end of that TV show
that shows all the bad guys how to best break into a house. (idiots)

Any how they pumped up the Bosch Security system and how great the Glass
Breaks are going to work "especially" with the all the Laminate on the Glass
Doors.

So are we talking something special or is it just a bunch of BS???

TIA

Les