Re: eol dsc1550

klcross@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have a DSC alarm 1550 this alarm is used to power three motion
> detectors with a battery backup.  The motion detectors are being
> monitored via another system. I would like to put a contact between all
> the zones so the lights would go off on a keypad.  I have programmed all
> zones in installer program number(11) to 1,3 I did this to bypass the
> fire zone.  Now all the lights are on the keypad.
>
> My question is should I just put an end of line resistor between the six
> contacts, to make all the lights go off on the keypad?
>
> Thanks, Joe

There are cheaper ways to power PIR's than using a PC-1550.  And yes,
there are methods available to have the zones monitored in two places
and on two independent keypads.  You're going to have to provide some
additional information regarding the main system.  What is it?  Where is
it located?  Are there wires routed to it from each PIR (or are the
PIR's reporting on a single zone)?