Re: Bone Pile

Jim Rojas wrote:
> I did not choose to represent myself. Simple economics dictated that. A
> 25K+ retainer would be out of reach for most of us. Civil law is nothing
> like criminal law. If it were, I would have been appointed equal
> representation under the law. Since civil law is all about who has the
> most money, clearly no defense even with paid council, would have mattered.
>
> Jim Rojas

Jim.  You lost focus right from the beginning.  They tried to flood you
with paper to demonstrate how you "violated" their IP.  You chose to
respond by saying that the equipment was "abandoned", and told them to
"suck eggs".  You could have responded to each one of their points by
simply requesting they provide proof.  Everything they said in their
preliminary letters amounted to baseless accusations that you could very
easily have knocked down.  Monster Cable recently tried the same thing
with a small outfit called Blue Jeans Cable.  Here's the link:

http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/blue-jeans-strikes-back

When the Statement of Claim was issued, you chose not to respond to it.
  They obtained a default judgment, which they never would have had you
followed the proper steps.  You didn't need a lawyer to do this, but you
did need to answer every one of their points directly and provide proof.
  Their case was (and still is) incredibly weak.  They won "by default"
which (in my view) didn't get them what they wanted anyway (a clear and
concise ruling establishing their IP that they could use to hammer
others with).  It also didn't help your case at all that you did the
equivalent of "flipping the bird" to the Judge.  At least you're
entitled to representation when your criminal contempt trial begins.  I
wish you all the best with that.