Re: Brinks Security System Monitoring For Less

4d4d-a97f-f698434a3cbd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> >> He had it right, Tom.  It is tortious interference. <
>
> >http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tortuous
>
> > Deduct 5 burgers
>
> The legal term is tortious interference.  The word, tortious, means the
> activity in question is a tort.  While the word tortuous is a real word, i=
t is
> not the correct word in this instance.
>
> Put those burgers back.  I didn't put the cheese on them yet. <

10 point deduction for using Bob Campbell's Canenglish

tortuous

Main Entry:
    tor=C2=B7tu=C2=B7ous Listen to the pronunciation of tortuous
Pronunciation:
    \=CB=88to=CC=87rch-w=C9=99s, =CB=88to=CC=87r-ch=C9=99-\
Function:
    adjective
Etymology:
    Middle English, from Middle French tortueux, from Latin tortuosus,
from tortus twist, from torqu=C4=93re to twist
Date:
    15th century

1: marked by repeated twists, bends, or turns : winding <a tortuous
path>2 a: marked by devious or indirect tactics : crooked, tricky <a
tortuous conspiracy> b: circuitous, involved <the tortuous jargon of
legal forms>