Re: Off contract soon with Apex, I'm looking for cheaper monitoring

"DK1000" wrote:

> Any idea which firms will monitor systems set up by Monitronics/Apex which I
> think is just Apex now, for less?

www.911Alarm.com and www.Nextalarm.com are both able to monitor your system.
Both charge much less than Monitronics.  911Alarm is a small company that
resells the services of several UL-listed monitoring firms around the country.
NextAlarm is a monitoring company that caters to DIYers and "takeovers"
(situations like yours, where the homeowner has finished his obligation to the
installing firm and wants a more reasonably priced solution).

> Anyone ever re-negotiate with Apex after the initial contract for a much
> better price? That almost $50 a month has gotten a bit steep for me, thanks
> much...

They'll likely offer you a reduction when you cancel but it won't come close
to what you can save by switching.  NextAlarm charges something like $8 a
month for basic service.  911Alarm charges around $12.  Both charge an
increment for Cellular monitoring but nothing like what you're paying now.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics