Re: Ademco wireless system

Nomen Nescio wrote:
> Crash Gordon said:
>
>> I know another panel that does the same thing if the lithium goes
>> down...which actually scrambles the panel (which locks you out
>> unintentionally)
>
> It's okay, you can say "DMP."
>
> - badenov

Try explaining this to a customer with an Edwards ESA-2000 fire alarm
system.  The lithium battery is soldered to the CPU board and can't be
replaced in the field.  When it goes, so does all the panel's
programming.  It continues to operate in "degraded mode" which means
there are trouble lights all over the place.  The only way to restore
functionality is to have the main CPU module replaced which means
Edwards (now GE) has to reprogram the system from scratch...
Translation:  Big buckeroos...