Re: Pull Station Listing Question

Rick wrote:
> craigslistanonymoususer@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Does anyone know if pull stations are required to be listed (U.L. or
>> otherwise) to specific fire alarm control panel models or
>> manufacturers in the way a smoke detector or a horn strobe unit would
>> be?  Case in point - when replacing an outdated control panel, is
>> there any reason or requirement to replace the pull stations or does
>> that not matter since all they are is essentially a dry pair of
>> contacts?  If it is required would you also be able to point out who
>> it is required by (i.e. NFPA, manufacturer etc.).
>>
>> Thanks
>>
> sounds like a job for bAssman.

Unless the pull stations are designed to be used with a specific panel or
manufacturer i.e. the addressible models, there is no requirement, to my
knowledge, that ordinary pull stations with plain old NO switches be listed
for a specific panel. The AHJ may have certain requirements as to whether
you need to upgrade the existing units, I don't know about NFPA.
js