Re: RSQ's

"Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sounds like the FG was set in a latching mode to me...

That's not the problem, Bob.  The latching mode on the FG-730 only
affects the LED -- not the alarm relay.

> Not familiar with that particular sensor.

I installed hundreds of them.  They've been around for a long time.
The newer models (FG-1625 series) are more popular.  You might want
to give them a shot.  There's an FG-1625RFM (for "Round Flush Mount")
that fits in a small hole in the wall or ceiling.  The visible part
is a white disc not much bigger than a quarter.  Clients love them
because they're practically invisible compared to standard models.

> I've had clients who wanted GBs as 24hr or 24hr trouble with alarm
> when armed.

I've had similar requests but I usually recommend they program glass
breakage detectors as Interior or Perimeter with Bypass enabled.

> 3200 is not the easiest panel in the world to program, and it can
> be very confusing with the windows software.

I disagree.  I teach clients to program that panel every week.  These
are invariably first-time DIYers (experienced DIYers rarely need any
help).  The software is simple to follow.  It takes you through all
of the screens, one at a time, until you reach the zone
configuration.  That part is a snap with the current release.  The
customer types in simple descriptions of each zone, like "Marys
Bedroom", "Left Window".  Then he clicks in the box and selects
"zBurg Perimeter" or whatever from a drop-down list of zone types.

It normally takes me between 20 minuts and an hour (occasionally
longer) to teach a newbie how to use the Napco Quickloadr program.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics