Re: RJ45 jacks

"Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:46fb5035$0$26420$88260bb3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Crash Gordon"  wrote in message
>
>> Freekin' designers...what a joke.
>
> I like the red dust covers that come with Sentrol Smokes these
> days.  I leave them on until everything is done, then remove them
> upon alarm walk through time.  You should see the self important
> busy bodies get all uptight about those bright red blobs on the
> ceiling.
>
> I tell them, that its a new fire code and all the new construction
> has to have them.  I actually had a home owener try and stop one of
> my guys from removing the dust covers when he was doing his wlak
> through with them.

Many years ago we were installing a Napco Magnum 800 in a house in
CT.  The lady of the house asked if I could have my men wear white
cotton gloves and remove their shoes while working in the house.  I
explained that gloves would be a hazard when operating drills.  We
also would not go shoeless because of the danger.

She accepted that but was generally a pain at every step.  Several
times while we were drilling door switches and such she actually
tried to vacuum around us.  It was obvious the lady was a bit of a
nut.

On the last day I went out to my truck and brought in a huge "Hole
Hog" drill with a huge bit in the chuck which we used when installing
a certain type of recessed transmitter.  I didn't need the tool; just
carried it in past the lady for fun.  It worked.  Right away she
asked, "What is that huge thing for?"

I said it was needed to drill the mounting holes for the control
panel.

"How big is the control panel?"

"Not too big.  It's a red cabinet, 2' wide by 3 high and it weighs
about 85 pounds."

"Where does it go?"

"I found only one ideal location -- on the wall above the couch in
the living room."

She stared at that drill for a moment and then said, "Stop.  I want
to ask my husband about this."

He knew what a PITA she was and when he saw the smile on my face he
caught on right away.  He told her that we were the experts and if
that's where it has to go, well that's it.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics