Re: One For Nick

Roland More said:

>I could only imagine how many fines would rack up for pulling that stunt.
>Sounding a fire alarm device when the is no fire, or better yet, no fire
>alarm system. What company does this?

There's no code violation, because the sound a fire horn makes is not used
exclusively for fire alarms (except, of course, for temporal code 3, which
is a pattern, rather than a specific sound).

If you want proof, consider that there are such things as fire alarm bells.
They sound remarkably similar to burglar alarm bells.  There have been
sounders intended for burglar alarm use that sound like fire horns, the
main difference being that they weren't red.  And System Sensor makes a
fire alarm piezo horn that isn't even red.  You just can't tell, either by
sound or by color.

- badenov