Re: LOCKED PANEL

We do not use boiler plate microscopic contracts. We went out of our way to redo
all our contracts so they are in larger type, single 8.5 x 11 paper, so the customer can actually
read them. We removed all the confusing legal terms, because the customer did not go to law school.
It is this practice that has gained us a nice market share. We even leave the
contract with the customer prior to them signing it. This way they can take
their time to read it all. We also place initial lines by each critical paragraph to insure
that the customer has read it. We call this honest selling practices. We even have
a translation forms in spanish, french, and can get then translated to just about any other
language thanks to the internet.

If Brinks was to do this, they would not get as many customers to sign otherwise.

If the system is rented or leased, we place that statement on the front page of the
schedule of protection, in larger bold type so there is no question about ownership.

We also do not install basic systems. We do every opening, period.

We charge $34.95 for 3 years to recover our costs, with no credit
checks. We do ask for a drivers license & SS card, and we do verify
employment.

After the 3rd year, the customers rate drops to $22 a month, which includes a
full maintenance contract that includes battery replacement. We mail customers batteries
for wireless devices because we get them for $1 each on the internet. We do not
charge to come out to the home. We do limit each customer to 4 service calls a year to keep
our costs down. After the 4th call, we charge a $25 trip charge. To this day,
we have yet to visit any customer more than twice a year.

This practice would bankrupt companies like Brinks.

Angry Man In Gauteng

I've never met a Brinks client that knew about the system being proprietary.

I met these Brinks clients because they were not exactly thrilled with
Brinks.

I believe a client should be able to choose another monitoring company after
he has paid for his system & fulfilled his contractual obligation to whoever
he is signed with...and you can't if you have Brinks stuff