Re: LOCKED PANEL

On Sep 5, 3:24?pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sep 5, 1:04 pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > So I guess Crash is relegated to the "trash" companys who go around
> > locking the boards on their installations. For shame! For SHAME!
>
> RHC: You're saying that, not me. I have had several discussions with
> Crash outside this newsgroup, and have no reason to think anything
> like that...
>

> > > everyone else is wrong and you're right.
>
> RHC: When I'm wrong, I'll say so. But I'm not wrong when I say it is
> unethical to lock a board that does not belong to you, and where the
> client has no contractual obligations to you. If you don't see the
> logic and the ethics in that, that is your problem. The lawmakers of
> at least one US state apparently does (and there may be more !)
>

> > Is it any wonder that you and Dead Ass get along so well?
>
> RHC: As a matter of fact, we do. And your name calling,and hate
> mongering, and hiding behind aliases like a coward only brands you for
> what you are. I was about to take issue with RLB where in a recent
> post, he said  that you were the kind of person / company that
> typically locks customer owned boards. There is no proof of that;
> however, your continuing to defend the practice makes me wonder !!

I don't hide behind an alias. I've been here for about 9 years now and
only changed my screen name once because of the fact Dead Ass, posted
it a cajillion times so that it was picked up by who ever looks for
things like that to send spam too. I changed it and now limit my E-
mail.  I didn't try to hide the fact that I changed it and it was a
similar name. If you're talking about the fact that I wont let you are
anyone like you or Dead Ass know who I am, then you're right. But that
just makes me smart enough to know that if I didn't .....  I'd have
had my neighbors contacted and who know what else Dead Ass would have
done by now, to uneven the score of the turmoil he's caused here for
years. You can bet your ass, if he didn't want to advertise his
website here, he'd be doing the same thing. HE'S the rottern son of a
bitch that has caused all this garbage to happen. The record of what
he's done to people is readily available and it's just not going to
happen to me. So look at it any way you want, I was smart enough from
the very beginning, even as a newbee, to conceal my identity and it's
a damn good thing I did, considering what a bastard Dead Ass turned
out to be simply if you disagree with him.

> Instead of blathering on about my supposed hatred of large nationals
> and other nonsense, why don't you tell the world what you do with your
> panels vis a vis this issue. Then we can judge you properly based on
> the facts !!

I've stated it before but in a nut shell, I lock my panels when
they're installed. They stay locked as long as I monitor the system.
If people move out, whether I'm informed or not, the board stays
locked. If the new people call me to resume monitoring, obviously, the
board stays locked, again while I monitor the system. Should the new
owner want to go with someone else and never calls me, the board,
obviously, will remain locked and the owner, unfortunately will likely
get ripped off by the new installer, if the installer isn't honest
enough to tell the owner he can call me.  If he calls and asks me to
unlock it, if I can download it, I'll do it at no charge. If I have to
make a trip, for some/any reason, I get a check (waiting for it to
clear first) prior to making the trip, or cash payment when I walk in
the door, for a service call.

I think someone  ummm maybe it was Petrum who had a problem with this
last part when I stated it ....a number of years ago. I think he
didn't like the idea that I charged for unlocking the board. To
me ..... regardless, a service call is a service call.

By the way, there are company decals on all my panels and jobs.

If I'm monitoring the system, it's mandatory that contracts are signed
prior to the commencement of work. 99% of contracts are 5 years with
one year renewal after the first 5 years. In some cases, I'll go for
one year for the first year. If they don't cancel in one year, it
reverts to  the standard 5 year. In New York, it is mandatory to
notify clients via certified letter that their contracts are renewing.
First one is sent in 5 years, thereafter at one year intervals unless
new contracts are signed and 99% of the time they are.

I think that's all you should need to take your shot.