Re: Alarm systems, what do you have?

peterg19@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Just wondering what people out there have and how they like it.
> I am a newbie to the group and trying to put my own system together.
> Besides it is always cool to see what others have hooked up.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pete

3 bedroom two bath home with full basement

FA168CPS

4 doors

10 windows, main floor (done primarily to keep the teenagers IN)

2  barrier bars, basement windows (see previous entry)

6 smoke detectors (in and out of each bedroom and in the basement

2 heat detectors, garage and mechanical room

Low temp sensor

In addition to being monitored, the system pages me whenever an alarm or
trouble occurs or when someone other than me or my wife arms or disarms
the system.  Lets me know the kid is home (or has left) and when we are
out of town I know that the appointed person has arrived to feed the cats.

I still haven't done glass breaks or the garage windows and service
doors.  Also planning on a pull-away for my trailer.  Back burner projects.

I am considering some X-10 that will turn on a couple sconce lights when
the system is armed in the stay mode.  I am dissuaded by: A) I don't
know X-10 very well, and B) have talked with several folks who don't
like it.

What do you guys think? (really, I want to know, I'm not trying to start
shit)