Re: Alarm systems, what do you have?

> Yeah, and it's way more of a PITA than it needs to be...

The first time I programmed anything from DSC was
about 8 or 9 years ago.  It was an 832.  I read the
programming instructions, filled in the programming
sheet and entered the program in about 30 minutes.
It would have taken less time but I had to read the
instructions first.

By way of contrast, when Napco came out with the
MA-3000 they had to offer a weekend training course
so installers could understand all the options.  The
newer Gemini models incorporate most of the MA-3000
features and offer a few more besides.  Fortunately,
the Napco software is so easy to master that even a
rank beginner or a DIYer can learn it in an hour or so.

As I think about what you've said, I wonder if my
background in programming might be the reason I find
it simple where you might not.  No disrespect intended.
As part of the early courses we practiced math in
binary and hexadecimal.  That could explain why it's
a PITA to some and not to others.  I don't know for
certain though.  It's just a guess.  Your thoughts?

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics