Re: Alarm systems, what do you have?

I use the Paradox Spectra panel with the 1641 LCD keypad, plus Paradox
Digiguard 75 motions as well as all the normal door contacts.
Also custom made basement  window security bars with keyed alike
integral locks
Lori high security vertical deadbolt locks front and back
Door frames armoured with steel against kickin
Paradox is fine equipment but not without it's problems, albeit minor.
Biggest problem today is the company is getting zero feedback from the
field as they have let go all their field sales people, so their
design engineers haven't got a clue about "backwards compatibility".
As a result, they're bringing out new lines of equipment (SP5000/6000)
that don't allow any of this. Bottom line, Paradox is far more
concerned about marketing overseas and beyond than they are about
selling into the USA, or even in Canada. As an end user, I love the
panel. As a dealer, I'm not sure anymore. But I don't see any better
alternatives.

Panels are easy to program once you have your "memory key" set up with
all common settings. After that, a few minutes keypad programming with
each individual panel and you're in business

RHC