Re: LOCKED PANEL

> And the other side of the issue is ....of course ..... that in some
> cases deprograming may just balance the scale by defeating the bad
> dealers who lock people into using their services or causing added
> expense to legitimately get away from them.

RHC: That is the main idea of this whole unlocking thing, and the only
reason I do it ! That's the reason I got started and the only reason I
continue !

>  In your case I think that in your myopic quest to get back at the
> large companys in your area, that do this, you think that the number
> of end users who send you panels that are trying to get out of
> ligitimate agreements is insignificant and besides you don't think
> that ANYONE who has a term agreement should be allowed to have it ....
> legal or not, anyway ..... so you just deprogram them without
> considering whether you're helping someone to get away from paying
> what they legitimately owe to an alarm company ... or not.
>
> Do I have that right?

RHC: No, as usual ! I don't know how you could ever conclude that I
have something against large companies in general. If I felt that way,
I certainly wouldn't use the services of a big company to do both my
monitoring AND my billing, which I do. They are an exceptional
company, and I trust them fully even though they too suffer from the
occasional bout of "institutionalized corporate stupidity". If I
didn't, I would take it to another independant monitoring station in
the area who chases accounts all the time and even offers a much lower
price for monitoring services. But the services of the "big company"
in this case, is much better all around. But then again, you like to
read your own meaning into things, so I'm not surprised. The Borg now,
on the other hand, deserve all the criticism they get, and it's
legitimate at least in our area.

As I have said many times, NONE of the big companies lock their
boards. It's only the small and some of the medium dealers in this
area that do so !! I have also said many times, long term contracts
have their place, and I insist clients honour their commitments fully
before I have anything to do with them. What I don't tell them though
is they are pretty damn stupid to be willing to sign a long term
contract for monitoring services if they already own the equipment...

But you go ahead and believe what you want. Each time you post, I
realize how entrenched you are in your thinking, and your opinion on
things that you do know what you are talking about, becomes of even
less interest to me. In fact I have to wonder why I even respond to
your posts other than to correct your obvious errors.