Re: Seagate Hard Drives

"Frank Olson" <Use-the-email-links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:mIdCi.111605$fJ5.95969@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Just Looking wrote:
>>> Seagate is crap.
>> That may be true, but Seagate does have the largest share of the hard
>> drive
>> market at this time. I have always had bad luck with Maxtor (owned by
>> Seagate now) and Western Digital. By now I guess everyone has a different
>> drive manufacturer that did them wrong.
>>
>> "Frank Olson" <Use-the-email-links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>> message
>> surveillance
>>>>

>>> Seagate is crap.
>>

> I refuse to buy Maxtor.  The best hard drives ever made were manufactured
> by Quantum (who got bought out by Maxtor just before Seagate got
> involved).  I'll stick with Western Digital.  Nothing's really perfect.

Maxtor was one of the first HD mfgs to jump on the mail in rebate band
wagon.  They sent me nice little green cards letting me know they were
stiffing me on a bunch of rebates for drives I had bought for a project.
Screw Maxtor and anybody who owns them.  I bought six drives and never
received one rebate.  I did get six green cards.  To this day I specifically
shop for products that do not use mail in rebates as part of their marketing
strategy.

--
Sincerly,
The guy who makes the final decision on who we buy from.

The Security Consultant
Bob La Londe - Owner
P.O. Box 5720
Yuma, Az 85366