Re: cctv camera no image

e.david6@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> What could be the cause of a cctv camera suddenly having no image?
> There is still a power LED coming on, but no signal coming through.  I
> have tested the voltage on the BNC output and it shows 0V.

If there IS a voltage to be read on the BNC, it will be an AC voltage,
but I wouldn't count on that as an indicator.  Best way to test this is
to hook up some sort of monitor or TV directly to the camera.  If
there's no picture, then the camera is likely dead.

One other possibility, however, if the camera has an auto-iris lens (ie.
a wire runs from the lens to the camera), is that the iris driver is
dead and the camera is working, but the lens is essentially blocked
internally.  A quick test for this is to take the lens off with the
camera hooked up; if the iris is your problem, you'll get basically a
big white blur.