Re: PIRs for house with ceiling heating & cooling vents and "pets"!

> Actually, I've had one Bravo 3 in my house for about a year now (OK,
> OK... I couldn't say "no" to Angela at Tried when she said "try one").
> Even with the stupid cat, I haven't had a single problem.

RHC: Count your blessings then ! All these cheap little motions have
no "forgiveness" built in.

An analogy I use to explain motions to clients goes something like
this. Think of a motion as a glass of water. A cheap motions is like a
glass of water with the meniscus full, and even a slight jiggle or
movement spills water from the glass. With the better motions,
especially the dual techs, it's like a glass of water with the
meniscus in a negative mode. You can jiggle it and nothing happens
because there is some very little bit of space left in the glass  But
any real alarm is like hitting the glass with a hammer

I know it's not a perfect analogy, but it works to explain the
differences to non technical folks.