Re: Time to Pay Again, Dinks!

I used to let employees drive company vehicles. I never had that many
vehicles (about 5 I guess) versus about 30 employees. I did it because the
employees usually parked them in a more secure spot than the office parking
lot. The purpose of any business is to turn a profit. I would think any
business decision would be based on that, including decisions about
employees use of company vehicles.

> Went through the same thing with my employees a few years ago...so we took
> the trucks away from them...and then there were more tears. Oh,
well...guess
> you can't have it all your way.
>

> --
> Crash Gordon
> -------ouch------
>
> <I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe>
> "Nomen Nescio" <nobody@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> | >What kind of Mickey Mouse stuff is this? If you're in a company
vehicle,
> | >driving to a job site why wouldn't you be getting paid? I bet the
> customer
> | >is getting billed for travel time. And what's this crap about letting
the
> | >employee drive a company vehicle just because Brink's is magnanimous
> about
> | >it and now it may have to stop? Please! If Brinks wasn't making or
saving
> | >buck for Brinks in some way by doing it, it wouldn't be done in the
first
> | >place.
> |
> | I looked up the court's opinion.  I think these Brink's employees
screwed
> | up a good thing for their co-workers.  This was a voluntary program.
> |
> | As Bob pointed out, there are definite advantages for employees who live
> | some distance from the shop.  By driving directly to the first job of
the
> | day, and driving straight home from the last job, their commuting time
is
> | reduced, and they don't have to spend money on personal vehicle
commuting
> | expenses.  In exchange, Brink's gets more work out of them.  For an
> | installer who lives two blocks from the shop, there's little benefit.
But