Re: PIRs for house with ceiling heating & cooling vents and "pets"!

>DSC encore PIRs

DSC makes okay low end panels. Their PIRs may be another thing entirely.
Inexpensive may be their only claim to fame. Try a Bosch TriTech for pet
immune motion detectors.
http://fe0wap86.bosch.de/intershoproot/eCS/Store/all/ST_NA/lit1/DS825AndDS840Se_DataSheet_enUS_F1848416267.pdf

Pet and Animal Immunity
The detector is able to distinguish between signals caused
by humans and signals caused by pets (one dog up to 27 kg
[100 lb], up to 10 cats, and other small animals such as
birds and rodents). This provides immunity to false alarms
while maintaining proper catch performance of human
targets.