Re: Failure rate of window / door magnetic sensors

borne@xxxxxxxx wrote in news:1191252145.605749.66590
@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

> Thanks for all the replies.  I did go around and check each switch
> with a meter.  And I ordered all new contacts - about $150 worth.
>
> As for a grounding problem, I have the control panel grounded to the
> ground rod out by my meter.  This was a pretty bad strike, as I lost
> lots of things.  The control panel had two traces actually melted on
> zones 5 and 6.  I jumpered over them to repair that.  No fuses
> blew????
>
> Anyway, thanks again for the quick replies.

You should still replace the control board. You never know what might be
fried in the electronics, even if the panel seems to work correctly.

A replacement control panel is not very expensive.

What kind of panel is it?