Re: oye

"Roland More" wrote:

>> Were you using Gemini wireless?
>
> Yes, GEM 9600 mostly.

I doubt it.  Napco's wireless has always had excellent range.

>>Its some of the easiest most trouble free stuff I have ever used
>
> I suspect you've never given Inovonics a fair shot. It blows
> everything else away in my opinion. Even the big retailer in
> Arkansas uses it.

Claiming that Inovonics is great does not support the idea than Napco
isn't.  That's an olsonic argument.  FWIW, Inovonics does make
excellent add-on RF components.  However, Napco's own wireless is
good enough that even someone as incompetent as Jiminex can handle
it.

>> and the error code on the LCD RP1CAe2 keypads does indicate the
>> transmitter/zone.
>
> That wasn't my point. The point is you don't get that wireless zone
> information at the central station...

Now I know you've never used Napco.  It will transmit per-zone alarm,
restore and/or trouble to the central station.  I have hundreds of
DIYers who have installed Napco systems with no trouble at all.  I've
also installed Napco for over 20 years.

> You get a generic expansion module failure signal...

Bullshit!  If a Napco wireless sensor fails to communicate (ie, late
to test) the system will notify the central station of the fault,
including the zone number.  It will not send an expansion module
failure signal unless an expansion module fails.

> If you want to find out then you have to upload the event buffer,
> ask the customer (bad idea) or send a tech.  Additionally you don't
> get a reliable number during wireless placement test. If Inovonics
> test kit says you're okay, you really okay. If Napco says 4 or
> better, it still might not be a good enough placement to avoid
> problems.

One of the nice things about Napco is the signal is usually solid
even in a large home because their transmitters are good.  I always
preferred wired systems over wireless but when there was no
reasonable alternative we installed wireless.  The only thing I don't
like about Napco is the limited selection of Contact ID codes.

>> As a regular dealer Napco sent me a Freedom 64 to evaluate.  I
>> plan to set it up as a parrallel system in my new office when I
>> have time and play with some of the wireless as redundant
>> coverage.  Much like I had my old office setup with multiple
>> systems for experimentation and training.

More bullshit!  Napco doesn't have dealers and there's no such thing
as a "regular Napco dealer."

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass